Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The staples

If I'm going to take this seriously, I can't just keep throwing things into my meals and calling them "staples" without some guidelines. A girl's gotta have standards, you know.

In the cabinets, I always have: extra virgin olive oil, vegetable oil, sesame oil, spray oil, kosher salt, table salt, white wine vinegar, red wine, vinegar, rice wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, honey, some kind of pasta, rice, and some assorted baking goods. I don't anticipate baking too much so I'm leaving that out for now. I also have a TON of spices; even though I know what the internets needs is a paragraph-long list of the spices I own, I'll leave those out too and we'll just assume I'm not buying any new spices.



I also always (contrary to the current dearth) have: all-purpose flour, white sugar, whole wheat flour, onions, and garlic.



In the fridge, I usually have: butter, some sort of milk, peanut and/or almond butter, strawberry jelly, parmesan cheese, another kind of cheese, dijon mustard, mayo, hot sauce, soy sauce, eggs, and vegetable stock.



Ain't she a beaut?

In the pantry, I usually have: tomato puree and/or diced tomatoes, some canned beans, canned tuna, rolled oats, nuts, and dried fruit. Oh, and a cat.


Of course, these lists are subject to change. A girl's gotta be flexible, you know.

1 comment:

  1. god this reminds me so much of my kitchen. especially the cat in the cabinet.

    ReplyDelete